Mother’s Union and Friends
Mothers’ Union opening service and AGM was to be held on Tuesday 22nd January at 8pm in St. James Church Mallow. Unfortunately due to the weather it was cancelled. We hope to arrange it for a later date.
On Tuesday 12th February at 8pm we will be having a pancake evening. This will take place in the home of Canon Tom and Mrs. Hazel Sherlock, Castlequarter, Kildorrery who have kindly agreed to host it. All welcome to attend.
On Saturday 16th March the Commissioning Service for new Mothers‘ Union Diocesan President, Patsy Devoy will take place in St. Peter’s Church Carrigrohane at 12noon.
There will be a Parish fundraising Tex-Mex meal – cooked by genuine Americans on Saturday 16th February in St. James Hall Mallow at 8pm. Please book your tickets early as numbers are limited to 40 people or if you are not able to attend and would like to help sponsor the food for this please give money to Canon Eithne or to Shirley Sullivan.
World Day of Prayer
The international and interdenominational World Day of Prayer will be celebrated in the parish on Friday 1st March in St. Mary’s Church. Doneraile at 8.15 pm. Please come along.
We wish to express our sympathy to Nicky O’Reilly, Kanturk and her family on the death of her grandmother before Christmas. Also to Bernard Miengue on the death of his sister, Elizabeth in Cameroon.
Register of Vestry members
The register of vestry members has to be update annually. At our next Vestry meeting on the 20th February we will be updating this. If you are not on the list, or not sure if you are on the list please talk to the Rector or Churchwardens and they will give you a form for completion. You need to be on the register to have a vote to elect those who you wish to have on the Select Vestry for the coming year.
A special word of thanks was expressed at the recent vestry meeting to William Bartels, Robert Gardiner and Richard Lynch for their work in sorting the toilets and septic tank in St. James Hall. It took three days early in January to do this. Thanks again for spending the time to sort out the problem.
Confirmation: If you know of anyone for confirmation later this year please let the Rector know as soon as possible.
Mallow No 1 School News
- Open Night – Our school ‘Open Night’ will be on February 21st at 7pm in the school. All parents with children due to start junior infants in September 2013 are invited to attend.
- Recycling – Keep gathering unwanted clothes, blankets, cuddly toys etc. Our next collection is March 1st. Bags can be dropped in to the school.
- Clean-Up – A Big ‘Thank You’ to the Board of Management who power hosed the school yard. It certainly looks a lot brighter.
- Health Promoting Schools – As part of our Health Promoting Schools, we are featured in the HSE ‘Ar Slainte’ magazine. Have a look!
- New Website – Our new website www.malowno1.com has school news and some lovely photos. Check it out!
- Useful websites – Here are some websites that parents might find useful for their children:- www.mathsisfun.net & www.mathsisgoodforyou.com
- Parents Association – We are holding a cake sale on Friday 8th February at the school. Please drop donations to the school on Friday morning.